At Suburban Testing Labs, we strive to protect public health and preserve our environment in everything we do. And that purpose extends beyond lab testing for our clients.
The Environmental Action Committee (EAC) at Suburban Testing Labs is a group of employees who initiate actions to reduce our negative environmental impact. The EAC is committed to promoting positive environmental change by creating mindfulness, volunteerism, and a sustainability culture. They achieve this through local events, process improvements, and the continuing education of our team.
Volunteer Time Off
As an independent, family-owned, and operated laboratory, we recognize the importance of giving back to the community where we live, work, and play. And we want to encourage our employees to get involved. As an additional benefit, we offer 16 hours of paid Volunteer Time Off (VTO) to every employee to encourage staff to get involved in their community, which can be used to support the cause of their choice.
Non-Profit and Professional Association Memberships
At Suburban Testing Labs, we believe there is unlimited value to active involvement in our industry and business community. Our staff gains valuable knowledge through this activity to ensure you are kept up-to-date with the most cutting-edge industry information. You can find us as members of the following organizations:
- American Water Works Association (AWWA)
- Eastern Pennsylvania Water Pollution Control Operators Association, Inc. (EPWPCOA)
- Greater Reading Chamber Alliance
- Pennsylvania Association of Accredited Environmental Labs (PaAAEL)
- Pennsylvania Water Environment Association (PWEA)
- Pennsylvania Rural Water Association (PRWA)
- Society of Women Environmental Professionals
- Pennsylvania Chamber of Commerce and Industry
In addition to company-wide memberships, our Leadership Team holds numerous volunteer positions in our industry, propelling our industry, not just our staff, into the future.
Richard C. Stump III, President
- Board Member, Ben Franklin Technology Partners of Pennsylvania
- Vistage Award Finalist
- Greater Reading Chamber of Commerce, The 2009 Entrepreneurial Excellence Award
- Lehigh Valley Business, 40 Under 40 Award
- Board Member, Reading Science Center
Sara A. Kuzma-Stump, Marketing Director
- Board Member, Greater Reading Chamber Alliance
- Board Member, EPWPCOA
- Chairperson, EPWPCOA Laboratory Practices Committee
- Greater Reading Chamber of Commerce, The 2007 Greater Reading Rising Star Award
- United Way of Lehigh Valley, 2005 Rising Star Award
- EPWPCOA, 2012 Leadership Award