We’d like to let you know what Suburban Testing Labs is doing as a result of the COVID-19 virus news.
Most of our clients are considered “essential services”, providing safe drinking water to residents and clean water to our rivers, lakes and streams from treatment facilities. As a result, many require frequent analytical testing.
We will remain operational to support our clients as planned unless you hear otherwise.
If your business or facility has temporarily closed, altered entry procedures, contact information, or anything has changed regarding our routine sample collection/pick-up procedures to serve you, notify your Project Manager immediately to minimize disruption for all of our clients.
We recognize that our clients and our team are working with samples that may contain harmful bacteria, viruses, and other contaminants on a daily basis. Proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) measures are always essential for all employees handling samples. However, recent Coronavirus news is a good reminder to be extra diligent when handling samples and entering the premises of our client sites.
What Are We Doing Internally
Although many of our employees are in the low or very low risk segment for contracting COVID-19, we all have an obligation to do our part to slow the spread and protect the health of our team members and families.
We have taken measures to remain fully operational to serve you, such as:
- Cancelling employee attendance at any events with more than 25 attendees and keep in person meetings to a minimum in the building.
- Minimizing onsite visits, beyond Sample Receiving, from non-essential guests and screening all visitors using a questionnaire to assess their risk level.
- Instituting daily and more frequent sanitizing of commonly touched surfaces.
- Field Scientists and Technicians have been given guidance to help them minimize exposure at client sites.
- Requiring a quarantine period before returning to work for employees who travel by air to certain places, or have other factors that put them at higher risk.
- Offering opportunities to alter work shifts to minimize the number of people in the building at a given time and provide opportunities for those who lose childcare due to school and daycare closures.
We are actively taking every step necessary to ensure your lab testing services are not disrupted. Should anything change, we will be sure to make you aware immediately.
Your Suburban Testing Labs Team